It’s been a while since I reviewed a product and it’s because I’ve been testing products in my stash consistently so as to have a fact filled result. I also test these products alongside others in my arsenal to know how they react to each other.
I’m gonna be talking about Biocare Dream Curl Crème and I decided to buy this product because it is more affordable than most popular curl creams such as Cantu, SheaMoisture, Aunt Jackie’s etc in Nigeria.
According to the label, the product is supposed to;
” Enhance, Define & Lengthen Curls”
Let’s put their claim to test with the review.
- Consistency: it is very rich but not runny; not too thick or thin and opaque.
- Texture: it is very smooth, silky, creamy and soft to touch.
- Performance: it melts into the hair without leaving any residue. It also helps bring out visible definition to my hair and mind you, a little is all you need from a 340g of products.
- Colour/Scent: it is off white in colour and smells divine, days after use without it being over powering.
- Ingredient List: Water (Aqua), Petrolatum, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Acetylated Lanolin, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Pvp/va Copolymer, Aminopropyl Phenyl Trimethicone, Peg-8 Dilaurate, Ricinus Communis (Caster) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Triticum Vulgare, (Wheat) Germ Oil, Silk Amino Acid, Ceteareth-20, Stearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sorbitol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Diazolidinyl Urea, lodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Bht, Disodium Edta, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Iso Eugenol.
- Red Flag; these are the ingredients emboldened above. Most naturals don’t like these products (although they have their advantages vice versa) Petrolatum, Mineral oil, Lanolin, Trimethicone and those that pose threat to human health like Diazolidinyl Urea which releases formaldehyde in small doses and this can cause cancer over time according to research.
- Observation/ Thoughts: as I said earlier, I find it a bit disturbing that their product lack social media presence because it is a difficult task finding a review online except on http://www.shop.naturallycurly.com however, I want to believe that because it is a private Independent funded company, the reasonable explanation would be that it isn’t easy to fund influencers, advert rates and more these days.
Also, it has this reaction that makes my hair feels strong like a straw when twisting it. I want to believe it is the protein inside it coupled with the fact that I used Dr. Miracles Cleanse & Condition too which also contains protein.
Honestly, I love this product; this is because it didn’t weight down my hair, no residue, it define my curls, it made for easy combing, detangled my hair and most especially it has nice soft fragrance and it didn’t cause shedding. I have paired it with Elasta QP Moisturizer also and had exactly the above result.
If you have no problem with my red flag up there, you can also give it a trial. I got mine from KuddyCosmetics shop at the rate of 3,500(Ngn) or thereabout but price varies depending on location e.t.c.
Have you used this product or are you willing to try? If you have, what was your experience?
Kindly share in the comment section how you use it, your hairs’ reaction to it and more.